|Tao Xie, Professor|
High Performance Computing
Parallel Processing and Distributed Systems,
Tao Xie received the Ph.D degree in Computer Science from New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology in 2006. He is currently a professor in the Computer Science Department at San Diego State University. He will join ShanghaiTech University as a visiting Professor from June 2019 to December 2019.
Tao Xie has published 63 journal and conference papers up to now, such as IEEE ICDCS，IEEE IPDPS，IEEE MSST, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Storages etc. He has received IEEE IPDPS 2013 Best Paper and American NSF CAREER Award, and his papers have been cited more than 1000 times.
1. Wei Wang*, Tao Xie, and Abhinav Sharma*, “SWANS: An Inter-Disk Wear-Leveling Strategy for RAID-0 Structured SSD Arrays,” ACM Transactions on Storage, Vol. 12, No. 3, Article 10, April 2016.
2. Wei Wang* and Tao Xie, “PCFTL: A Plane-Centric Flash Translation Layer Utilizing Copy-Back
Operations”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 26, No. 12, pp. 3420-3432,
3. Tao Xie and Yao Sun*, “Understanding the Relationship between Energy Conservation and Reliability in Parallel Disk Arrays,” Special Issue on Data-Intensive Computing, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 71, Issue 2, pp. 198-210, February 2011.
4. Tao Xie and Yao Sun*, “Dynamic Data Reallocation in Hybrid Disk Arrays”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 21, No. 9, pp. 1330-1341, September 2010.
5. Tao Xie and Yao Sun*, “A File Assignment Strategy Independent of Workload Characteristic Assumptions”, ACM Transactions on Storage, Vol. 5, Issue 3, Article 10, November 2009.