|Distinguished Adjunct Prof. Xiaolin Zhang|
Tel: (021) 62511070
Brain science and intelligence technology
He received the B.S. degree from the Department of Power Systems of Northeast China Institute of Power Engineering in June 1985, and M.S.E. degree and Eng.D. degree from Yokohama National University in March 1989 and March 1995. From April 1989 to March 1992, he worked as a research associate in Yokohama National University. From April 1995 to June 2003, he worked at the Laboratory of Biomedical Engineering as an assistant professor in Tokyo Medical and Dental University. From June 2003 to September 2012, he was an Associate Professor, and from October 2012 to March 2013 he was a professor in Precision and intelligence laboratory of Tokyo institute of technology. From April 2013 to the present, he is a Professor at Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology (SIMIT) of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). From October 2015 to the present, he is the Director of Bio-Vision System Laboratory of SIMIT. He is currently mainly research on “Brain-inspired Intelligence Vision System”. He has been authored or co-authored over 80 technical papers published in journals and conferences, and over 30 granted and pending patents.
1. Y. Liu, Y. Gu, J. Li, X. Zhang. Robust Stereo Visual Odometry Using Improved RANSAC-Based Methods for Mobile Robot Localization. Sensors (Basel, Switzerland). 2017,17(10):2339.
2. X. Ye, Y. Gu, L. Chen, J. Li, H. Wang, X. Zhang. Order-Based Disparity Refinement Including Occlusion Handling for Stereo Matching, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol.24, 2017, pp. 1483- 1487.
3. X. Ye, J. Li, H. Wang, H. Huang, X. Zhang. Efficient Stereo Matching Leveraging Deep Local and Context Information, IEEE Access, vol. 5, 2017, pp.18745-18755.
4. X. Ye, J. Li, H. Wang, X. Zhang. Feature Ensemble Network with Occlusion Disambiguation for Accurate Patch-based Stereo Matching. IEICE trans. Information and Systems. Vol.E100-D, No.12, pp.-,Dec. 2017.
5. K. Wang, L. Qu, L. Chen, J. Li, Y. Gu, D. Zhu, X. Zhang. Ground Plane Detection with a New Local Disparity Texture Descriptor. IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems, 100(10), pp. 2664-2668,2017.
6. D. Zhu, Z. Xing, J. Li, Y. Gu, X. Zhang. Effective Indoor Localization and 3D Point Registration Based on Plane Matching Initialization. IEICE Transactions on Information and System, Vol. E100-D, No. 6, pp. 1316-1324, June. 2017.
7. L. Qu, K. Wang, L. Chen, Y. Gu, and X. Zhang. Free Space Estimation on Nonflat Plane Based on V-Disparity. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 2016. 23(11): pp. 1617-1621.
8. J. Pi, K. Hu, Y. Gu, L. Qu, F. Li, X. Zhang, Y. Zhan, Robust Scale Adaptive and Real-Time Visual Tracking with Correlation Filters. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, 2016. E99.D(7): pp. 1895-1902.
9. J. Pi, K. Hu, X. Zhang, Y. Gu, Y. Zhan, Robust Object Tracking with Compressive Sensing and Patches Matching. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, 2016. E99.D(6): pp. 1720-1723.
10. Y. Zhan, Y. Gu, X. Zhang, L. Qu, J. Pi, X. Huang, Y. Wang, J. Luo, and Y. Qiu. Stereo Matching Based on Efficient Image-Guided Cost Aggregation. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, 2016. E99.D(3): pp. 781-784.
11. X. Zhang. Some comments on brain-inspired intelligence research, SCIENCE CHINA Life Sciences, Vol.46 No.2, pp.220-222, 2016.
12. (Best Paper Award) Yoshihiko Kato, X. Zhang. Development of a Non-contact Multi-DoRF Rotary Encoder, (2014 4th IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Technology)2014 4th IEEE ICIST Proceedings, pp. 404-408, April 2014.
13. (Excellent Paper Award) X. Zhang, J. Li. A Novel Methodology for High Accuracy Fixational Eye Movements Detection, 2012 4th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Technology (ICBBT 2012), pp. 133-140, 26-28, February 2012.
14. (Best Conference Paper Finalist）X. Zhang, Yugo SATO：Cooperative Movements of Binocular Motor System, IEEE CASE 2008, 2008/8, pp. 375-380.
15. X. Zhang. A Mathematical Model of a Neuron with Synapses based on Physiology, Nature Precedings: hdl:10101/npre.2008.1703.1.
16. (Best Paper Award）X. Zhang. An Object Tracking System Based on Human Neural Pathways of Binocular Motor System, Proc. ICARCV 2006 (2006 9th Int. Conf. Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision), pp. 285-292, ISBN1-4244-0342-1, 2006.
17. X. Zhang, H. Wakamatsu. Mathematical model for binocular movements mechanism and construction of eye axes control system. Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan (JRSJ), Vol.20, No.1, pp. 89-97, 2002.
18. X. Zhang, H. Wakamatsu. A new equivalent circuit different from the Hodgkin-Huxley model, and an equation for the resting membrane potential of a cell. Artificial Life and Robotics, 6, pp. 140-148, 2002.
19. X. Zhang, H. Wakamatsu. A mathematical model for binocular vestibular-ocular reflex and its application on topographic diagnosis. Japanese Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.29, No.2, pp.123-131, 1999.
20. X. Zhang, H. Wakamatsu. An Unified Adaptive Oculomotor Control Model. Int. J. Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, 15, 7, pp. 697-713, 1999.
21. X. Zhang, I. Todo. Automatic Teaching Method of Task Trajectories for a Sealing Robot Using a Vision Sensor. Trans. JSME, Vol.62-C, No. 593, pp. 194-201, 1995