|Distinguished Adjunct Prof. Juncheng Cao|
Tel: (021) 62134212
Terahertz semiconductor physics
Terahertz quantum cascade laser and quantum-well photodetector
Terahertz communication and imaging
J. C. Cao received his PhD in electrical engineering from Southeast University (Nanjing, China) in 1994. Dr. Cao’s major research interest is terahertz semiconductor devices and their applications in communication and imaging. He is currently the Terahertz Opto-Electronics Group Leader of Key Laboratory of Terahertz Solid-State Technology, Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology, Chinese Acdemy of Sciences. From 1999 to 2000, he was a Senior Visiting Scientist at the National Research Council, Ottawa, ON, Canada.
Dr. Cao received the National Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China and the Natural Science Award of Shanghai (the Peony Award) in 2004. He got the Excellent Teacher Award from the Chinese Academy of Sciences twice, in 2006 and in 2011.
1. Hua Li, Wenjian Wan, Zhiyong Tan, Zhanglong Fu, H. X. Wang, Tao Zhou, Z. P. Li, C. Wang, X. G. Guo, and Juncheng Cao*, 6.2-GHz modulated terahertz light detection using fast terahertz quantum well photodetectors, Sci. Rep. 7, 3452 (2017).
2. W. J. Wan，H. Li*，T. Zhou，J. C. Cao*，Homogeneous spectral spanning of terahertz semiconductor lasers with radio frequency modulation，Scientific Reports 7, 44109 (2017).
3. Z. L. Fu*, L. L. Gu*, X. G. Guo, Z. Y. Tan, W. J. Wan, T. Zhou, D. X. Shao, R. Zhang, J. C. Cao*, Frequency Up-Conversion Photon-Type Terahertz Imager, Sci. Rep. 6, 25383 (2016).
4. Zheng Liu, Chao Zhang, and J. C. Cao*, The nonlinear optical conductivity resulting from the local energy spectrum at M point in graphene, Phys. Rev. B (2017).
5. R. Zhang, D. X. Shao, Z. L. Fu, H. X. Wang, T. Zhou, Z. Y. Tan, and J. C. Cao*, Terahertz quantum well photodetectors with metal-grating couplers, IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 23, 3800407 (2017).
6. F. Wang, X. G. Guo, and J. C. Cao, Transient energy relaxation in scattering-assisted terahertz quantum cascade lasers, Appl. Phys. Lett. 110, 103505 (2017).
7. L. L. Gu, X. G. Guo, Z. L. Fu, W. J. Wan, R. Zhang, Z. Y. Tan, J. C. Cao, Optical-Phonon-Mediated Photocurrent in Terahertz Quantum-Well Photodetectors, Appl. Phys. Lett. 106, 111107 (2015).
8. R. Zhang, Z. L. Fu, L. L. Gu, X. G. Guo, and J. C. Cao, Terahertz quantum well photodetectors with reflection-grating couplers, Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 231123 (2014).
9. F. Wang, X. G. Guo, C. Wang, and J. C. Cao, Ultrafast population dynamics in electrically modulated terahertz quantum cascade lasers, New J. Phys. 15, 075009 (2013).
10. W. Feng, Asya Tawfiq, J. C. Cao, and C. Zhang, Energy-loss rate of a fast particle in two-dimensional semiconductors with Rashba spin-orbit coupling, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 052113 (2013).
11. X. G. Guo, J. C. Cao, R. Zhang, Z. Y. Tan, and H. C. Liu, Recent Progress in Terahertz Quantum-Well Photodetectors, IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 19, 8500508 (2013).
12. A. R. Wright, J. C. Cao, and C. Zhang, Enhanced Optical Conductivity of Bilayer Graphene Nanoribbons in the Terahertz Regime, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 207401 (2009).