Distinguished Adjunct Prof. Qun Chen / 陈群 特聘教授
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Qun Chen, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor of ShanghaiTech University, is CEO of the Corporate Research Center (CRC) of Shanghai United Imaging Healthcare, a company that develops and produces a full portfolio of advanced medical imaging products. Dr. Chen graduated from Fudan University in 1982 (B.S.) and China Institute of Atomic Energy (CIAE) in 1985 (M.S.). After serving 2 years at CIAE (1985-1987) as a junior scientist, he went to the United States in 1987 for further education. Dr. Chen received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Kentucky in 1993 and continued his academic career in the field of medical imaging as a postdoctoral fellow at the University (1993-1995). After that, he served on the faculty of Harvard Medical School (1996-2000), Northwestern University (2000-2003) and New York University (2003-2011). Dr. Chen is a well-recognized scientist in the field of MRI, his team at UIH CRC has been exploring the frontiers of medical imaging technology including the development of fast MRI techniques and PET/MR system. In January 2011, he joined a group of entrepreneurs to found the company Shanghai United Imaging Healthcare and has been with the company since.
1. Zhang JL, Rusinek H, Bokacheva L, Lerman LO, Chen Q, Prince C, Oesingmann N, Song T, Lee VS. Functional assessment of the kidney from magnetic resonance and computed tomography renography: impulse retention approach to a multicompartment model. Magn Reson Med 2008;59:278-88.
2. Bokacheva L, Rusinek H, Zhang JL, Chen Q, Lee VS. Estimates of glomerular filtration rate from MR renography and tracer kinetic models. J Magn Reson Imaging 2009;29:371-82.
3. Ge Y, Patel MB, Chen Q, Grossman EJ, Zhang K, Miles L, Babb JS, Reaume J, Grossman RI. Assessment of thalamic perfusion in patients with mild traumatic brain injury by true FISP arterial spin labelling MR imaging at 3T. Brain Inj 2009;23:666-74.
4. Grossman EJ, Zhang K, An J, Voorhees A, Inglese M, Ge Y, Oesingmann N, Xu J, McGorty KA, Chen Q. Measurement of deep gray matter perfusion using a segmented true-fast imaging with steady-state precession (True-FISP) arterial spin-labeling (ASL) method at 3T. J Magn Reson Imaging 2009;29:1425-31.
5. Lim RP, Storey P, Atanasova IP, Xu J, Hecht EM, Babb JS, Stoffel DR, Chang H, McGorty K, Chen Q, Rusinek H, Belmont HM, Lee VS. Three-dimensional electrocardiographically gated variable flip angle FSE imaging for MR angiography of the hands at 3.0 T: initial experience. Radiology 2009;252:874-81.
6. Song T, Laine AF, Chen Q, Rusinek H, Bokacheva L, Lim RP, Laub G, Kroeker R, Lee VS. Optimal k-space sampling for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI with an application to MR renography. Magn Reson Med 2009;61:1242-8.
7. Zhang JL, Rusinek H, Bokacheva L, Chen Q, Storey P, Lee VS. Use of cardiac output to improve measurement of input function in quantitative dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. J Magn Reson Imaging 2009;30:656-65.
8. Zhang JL, Rusinek H, Bokacheva L, Lim RP, Chen Q, Storey P, Prince K, Hecht EM, Kim DC, Lee VS. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-enhanced MR renography: repeated measures of GFR and RPF in hypertensive patients. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2009;296:F884-91.
9. Storey P, Atanasova IP, Lim RP, Xu J, Kim D, Chen Q, Lee VS. Tailoring the flow sensitivity of fast spin-echo sequences for noncontrast peripheral MR angiography. Magn Reson Med. 2010;64:1098-1108.
10. Zhang JL, Sigmund EE, Chandarana H, Rusinek H, Chen Q, Vivier PH, Taouli B, Lee VS. Variability of renal apparent diffusion coefficients: limitations of the monoexponential model for diffusion quantification. Radiology 2010;254:783-792.
11. Braga CW, Chen Q, Burschtin OE, Rapoport DM, Ayappa I. Changes in lung volume and upper airway using MRI during application of nasal expiratory positive airway pressure in patients with sleep-disordered breathing. J Appl Physiol 2011;111:1400-1409.
12. Rusinek H, Brys M, Glodzik L, Switalski R, Tsui WH, Haas F, McGorty K, Chen Q, de Leon MJ. Hippocampal blood flow in normal aging measured with arterial spin labeling at 3T. Magn Reson Med. 2011;65:128-137.
13. Zhang JL, Sigmund EE, Rusinek H, Chandarana H, Storey P, Chen Q, Lee VS. Optimization of b-value sampling for diffusion-weighted imaging of the kidney. Magn Reson Med. 2012;67:89-97.
14. Grossman EJ, Jensen JH, Babb JS, Chen Q, Tabesh A, Fieremans E, Xia D, Inglese M, Grossman RI. Cognitive impairment in mild traumatic brain injury: a longitudinal diffusional kurtosis and perfusion imaging study. Am J of Neuroradiology. 2013;34:951-957.
15. Qing Wei, Chen Q, Xiaodong Zhou, Rubo Song, Weiguo Zhang, Weijun Zhang. The Implementation and Application of Continuous Arterial Spin Labeling Method in Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Nuclear Technology Journal. 2015;32(4):574-583.
16. Zikun Zhou, Lingzhi Hu, Ruirui Jiang, Qiang He, Weiguo Zhang, Chen Q. Rapid B1 Mapping and Spatially Tailored RF Excitation Based on Parallel Transmission. Chinese Journal of Magnetic Resonance. 2016;40(4): 515-527.
17. Weiwei Xie, Lingzhi Hu, Xuexiang Cao, Xu Chu, Chen Q. Research on Methods for Simultaneous PET/MR Motion Correction. Nuclear Technology Journal. 2017; 40(4):15-22.
18. Xiaoqian Huang, Lele Zhao, Liyong Chen, JIan Xu, Chen Q. Accelerated MR Cardiac CINE Imaging with CAIPIRINHA and Partial Parallel Acquisition. Chinese Journal of Magnetic Resonance. 2017; 34(3):283-293.