-III-V semiconductor materials and devices
-High speed photodiodes
Dr. Baile Chen received his bachelor degree in physics from Department of Modern Physics in University of Science and Technology of China in Hefei, China, in 2007. He received his master degree in physics and Ph.D degree in electrical engineering both from University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA in 2009 and 2013, respectively. In February of 2013, he joined in Qorvo Inc in Oregon as RF product development engineer working on various RF power amplifiers and BAW filters for RF wireless communication systems. In January, 2016, He joined in the School of Information Science and Technology in Shanghai Tech University as a tenure track assistant professor. Currently, Dr. Baile Chen has published more than 20 journal papers as the first-author or corresponding author.
His research interests include III-V semiconductor materials and devices, SWIR/MWIR photodiodes and laser diodes, high speed/high power photodiodes, UV photodiodes and silicon photonics.
1. Yaojiang Chen, Zhiyang Xie, Jian Huang, Zhuo Deng, Baile Chen,* “High-speed uni-traveling carrier photodiode for 2 μm wavelength application”, Optica, 2019 6(7), 884-889
2. Jian Huang#, Yating Wan#, Daehwan Jung, Justin Norman, Chen Shang,Qiang Li, Kei May Lau, Arthur C. Gossard, John E. Bowers, Baile Chen*，“Low frequency noise spectroscopy characterization of InAs/InGaAs quantum dots p-i-n photodetector grown on GaAs-on-V-grooved-Si substrate ”, ACS Photonics, 2019 6 (5), 1100-1105
3. Zhuo Deng#,Daqian Guo#,Jian Huang, Huiyun Liu,Jiang Wu*, Baile Chen*,Mid-wave infrared InAs/GaSb type-II superlattice photodetector with p-i-B-n deisgn grown on GaAs substrate , IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1-5, Aug. 2019, Art no. 4000205.
4. Yaojiang Chen, Baile Chen*, Design of InP Based High Speed Photodiode for 2 μm Wavelength Application, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 1-8, Feb. 2019, Art no. 4400108.
5. Yaojiang Chen, Xuyi Zhao, Jian Huang, Zhuo Deng, Chunfang Cao, Qian Gong, Baile Chen*, “Dynamic model and bandwidth characterization of InGaAs/GaAsSb type-II quantum wells PIN photodiodes”, Optics Express, Vol. 26, Issue 26, pp. 35034-35045 (2018)
6. Jian Huang#, Daqian Guo#, Zhuo Deng, Wei Chen, Huiyun Liu, Jiang Wu*, and Baile Chen*, “Mid-wave Infrared Quantum Dot Quantum Cascade Photodetector Monolithically Grown on Silicon Substrate”, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, VOL. 36, NO. 18, pp. 4033-4038, 2018
7. Wei Chen#, Zhuo Deng#, Daqian Guo, Yaojiang Chen, Yuriy Mazur, Yurii Maidaniuk, Mourad Benamara, Gregory J Salamo, Huiyun Liu, Jiang Wu*, Baile Chen*, “Demonstration of InAs/InGaAs/GaAs Quantum Dots-in-a-well Mid-wave Infrared Photodetectors Grown on Silicon Substrate”, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol 36, No 12, pp. 2572-2581, 2018
8. Zhuo Deng, Baile Chen*, Xiren Chen, Jun Shao*, Qian Gong, Huiyun Liu, Jiang Wu*, “Optical properties of beryllium-doped GaSb epilayers grown on GaAs substrate”, Infrared Physics & Technology, Volume 90, Pages 115–121, 2018
9. Claudia González Burguete, Daqian Guo, Pamela Jurczak, Fan Cui, Mingchu Tang, Wei Chen, Zhuo Deng, Yaojiang Chen, Marina Gutiérrez, Baile Chen, Huiyun Liu, Jiang Wu, “Direct growth of InAs/GaSb type II superlattice photodiodes on silicon substrates”, IET Optoelectronics 12 (1), 2-4, 2018
10. J Huang#, D Guo#, W Chen, Z Deng, Y Bai, T Wu, Y Chen, H Liu, J Wu*, Baile Chen*, Sub-monolayer quantum dot quantum cascade mid-infrared photodetector , Applied Physics Letters 111 (25), 251104, 2017
11. Baile Chen*, “Optical gain analysis of GaAs-based InGaAs/GaAsSbBi type-II quantum wells lasers”, Optics Express Vol 25 (21), pp. 25183-25192, 2017
12. Baile Chen*, “Active Region Design and Gain Characteristics of InP-Based Dilute Bismide Type-II Quantum Wells for Mid-IR Lasers,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 64, pp. 1606-1611, 2017.
13. Baile Chen*, A. L. Holmes Jr “InP-based short-wave infrared and midwave infrared photodiodes using a novel type-II strain-compensated quantum well absorption region” Optics Letters, Vol. 38, Issue 15, pp. 2750-2753 (2013)
14. Baile Chen, W.Y. Jiang, Jinrong Yuan, A. L. Holmes Jr, Bora. M. Onat “SWIR/MWIR InP-based PIN Photodiodes with InGaAs/GaAsSb Type-II Quantum Wells” IEEE QUANTUM ELECTRONICS, VOL. 47, ISSUE 9, September, 2011, 1244-1250
15. Baile Chen, W.Y. Jiang, Jinrong Yuan, A. L. Holmes Jr, Bora. M. Onat.“Demonstration of a Room Temperature InP-based Photodetector Operating beyond 3 μm”, IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, VOL. 23, NO. 4, FEBRUARY 15, 2011, 218-220