|Fei Gao, Assistant Professor|
Emerging hybrid imaging technology (photoacoustic ,thermoacoustic and magnetoacoustic imaging)
Medical sensing/imaging circuits and system design
Deep learning and computer vision in emerging medical applications
Dr. Gao received his bachelor degree in Microelectronics from Xi’an Jiaotong University in 2009, and PhD degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2015. He joined School of Information Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University as an assistant professor in Jan. 2017. During his PhD study, he has received Integrated circuits scholarship from Singapore government, and Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad (2014). His PhD thesis was selected as Springer Thesis Award 2016. He worked as postdoctoral researcher in Nanyang Technological University and Stanford University in 2015-2016. He has published more than 40 journal papers on top journals, such as Scientific Reports, Adv. Func. Mat., Nano Energy, Small, Nanoscale, Photoacoustics, APL, OL, OE, IEEE TBME, IEEE TMI, IEEE JSTQE, IEEE Sensors Journal, IEEE Sensors Letters. In 2017, he was awarded the Shanghai Eastern Scholar Professorship. His interdisciplinary research topics include hybrid imaging physics, biomedical and clinical applications, as well as biomedical circuits, systems and algorithm design.
1. Hengrong Lan, Kang Zhou, Changchun Yang, Jun Cheng, Jiang Liu, Shenghua Gao*, and Fei Gao*, “Ki-GAN: Knowledge Infusion Generative Adversarial Network for Photoacoustic Image Reconstruction in vivo” International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2019 (oral, 35 out of 1700 submissions).
2. Changchun Yang, and Fei Gao*, “EDA-Net: Dense Aggregation of Deep and Shallow Information Achieves Quantitative Photoacoustic Blood Oxygenation Imaging Deep in Human Breast” International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2019.
3. Siyu Liu, Xiaohua Feng, Haoran Jin, Ruochong Zhang, Yunqi Luo, Zesheng Zheng, Fei Gao*, and Yuanjin Zheng*, “Hand-held photoacoustic imager for theranostics in 3D”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, to appear (2019).
4. Daohuai Jiang, Hengrong Lan, Hongtao Zhong, Yongjian Zhao, Haoyan Li, and Fei Gao*, “Low-cost photoacoustic tomography system based on multi-channel delay-line module”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 66(5), 778 - 782 (2019)
5. Hengrong Lan, Tingyang Duan, Hongtao Zhong, Meng Zhou, and Fei Gao*, “Photoacoustic Classification of Tumor Model Morphology Based on Support Vector Machine: A Simulation and Phantom Study”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics on Quantum Electronics, 25, 7201409 (2019).
6. Tingyang Duan, Hengrong Lan, Hongtao Zhong, Meng Zhou, Ruochong Zhang, and Fei Gao*, “Optical spectroscopic ultrasound displacement imaging: a feasibility study”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 25, 7101008 (2019)
7. Ruochong Zhang†, Fei Gao†,*, Xiaohua Feng, Siyu Liu, Ran Ding and Yuanjin Zheng*, “Photoacoustic resonance imaging”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 25, 6800307 (2019)
8. Hongtao Zhong, Jiayao Zhang, Tingyang Duan, Hengrong Lan, Meng Zhou, and Fei Gao*, “Enabling both time-domain and frequency-domain photoacoustic imaging by fingertip laser diode system”, Optics Letters, 44, 1988-1991 (2019)
9. Daohuai Jiang, Hengrong Lan, Hongtao Zhong, Yongjian Zhao, Haoyan Li, and Fei Gao*, “Low-Cost Photoacoustic Tomography System Based on Multi-Channel Delay-Line Module” IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2019 (selected as highest-quality paper and invited to IEEE Trans.)
10. Tingyang Duan, Hengrong Lan, Hongtao Zhong, Meng Zhou, Ruochong Zhang, and Fei Gao*, “Hybrid multi-wavelength nonlinear photoacoustic sensing and imaging”, Optics Letters, 43, 5611-5614 (2018)