|Xiaopei Liu, Assistant Professor|
Tel: (021) 20685382
Computer Graphics (Physically-based simulation, rendering and visualization)
Computational Fluid Dynamics (large-scale fluid simulation and fluid-solid coupling)
Optimal Control and Reinforcement Learning
Dr. Xiaopei Liu received his Ph.D. in computer science and engineering from the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) in 2010, and then worked as a postdoctoral Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. After that, he joined the School of Information Science and Technology of Shanghai University of Science and Technology in June 2015 as a tenure-track Assistant Professor. His current research interests cover multidisciplinary fields such as computer graphics, computational fluid dynamics, scientific visualization, optimal control and reinforcement learning, as well as parallel computing. He also actively explores applications of the related research to special effects in movies, intelligent CAD (computer-aided design), intelligent medical diagnosis, virtual robot intelligence, and the assistance for fundamental scientific research. His publications cross different fields, which include ACM Transactions on Graphics, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, AIP Physics of Fluids, and APS Physical Review D, etc.
1. Wei Li, Kai Bai and Xiaopei Liu, Continuous-Scale Kinetic Fluid Simulation, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), accepted for publication, 2018, presented at Pacific Graphics (PG) 2018.
2. Xiaopei Liu, Maneesh Mishra, Martin Skote, and Chi-Wing Fu, On Visualizing Continuous Turbulence Scales, Computer Graphics Forum (CGF), accepted for publication, 2018.
3. Yulong Guo, Xiaopei Liu, Chi Xiong, Xuemiao Xu and Chi-Wing Fu, Towards High-quality Visualization of Superfluid Vortices, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 24(8):2440-2455, 2018, presented at IEEE VIS (SciVis) 2018.
4. Yulong Guo, Xiaopei Liu, Xuemiao Xu, A Unified Detail-Preserving Liquid Simulation by Two-Phase Lattice Boltzmann Modeling, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 23(5):1479-149, 2017, presented at Pacific Graphics (PG) 2016.
5. Xiaopei Liu, Wai-Man Pang, Jing Qin and Chi-Wing Fu, Turbulence Simulation by Adaptive Multi-Relaxation Lattice Boltzmann Modeling, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), 20 (2):289-302, 2014.
6. Maneesh Mishra, Xiaopei Liu, Martin Skote and Chi-Wing Fu, Kolmogorov spectrum consistent optimization for multi-scale flow decomposition, AIP Physics of Fluids (POF) 26 (5), 055106, 2014.