Broadly interested in wireless communications and networking, stochastic geometry, queueing theory, semidefinite programming, stochastic optimization, and game theory.
Specific research interests include non-orthogonal multiple access, Internet of Things, millimeter wave, full-duplex relaying, software-defined wireless networking, cloud radio access networks, interference characterization, network slicing, 5G heterogeneous cellular networks.
Yong Zhou received the B.Sc. and M.Eng. degrees from Shandong University, Jinan, China, in 2008 and 2011, respectively, and the PhD degree from the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, in 2015, all in electrical engineering. From 2015 to 2017, he worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada. In 2018, he joined the School of Information Science and Technology at ShanghaiTech University, where he is currently an assistant professor. His research areas include wireless communications and networking and Internet of Things (IoT). He has served as a technical program committee (TPC) member of several International conferences.
1. Yifan Gu, He Chen, Yong Zhou, Yonghui Li, and Branka Vucetic, Age-energy tradeoff for timely status update in Internet of Things systems, accepted for publication in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019.
2. Yong Zhou, Vincent W.S. Wong, and Robert Schober, Coverage and rate analysis of millimeter wave NOMA networks with beam misalignment, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 8211-8227, Dec. 2018.
3. Lei Xu, Yong Zhou, Ping Wang, and Wanli Liu, Max-min resource allocation for video transmission in NOMA-based cognitive wireless networks, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 5804-5813, Nov. 2018.
4. Yong Zhou, Vincent W.S. Wong, and Robert Schober, Stable throughput regions of opportunistic and cooperative NOMA with full-duplex relaying, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 5059-5075, Aug. 2018.
5. Yong Zhou, Vincent W.S. Wong, and Robert Schober, Dynamic decode-and-forward based cooperative NOMA with spatially random users, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 3340-3356, May 2018.
6. Yong Zhou and Weihua Zhuang, Opportunistic cooperation in wireless ad hoc networks with interference correlation, Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 238-252, Jan. 2017, doi:10.1007/s12083-015-0422-3.
7. Binglai Niu, Yong Zhou, Hamed Shah-Mansouri, and Vincent W.S. Wong, A dynamic resource sharing mechanism for cloud radio access networks, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 8325-8338, Dec. 2016.
8. Yong Zhou and Weihua Zhuang, Performance analysis of cooperative communication in decentralized wireless networks with unsaturated traffic, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 3518-3530, May, 2016.
9. Yong Zhou and Weihua Zhuang, Throughput analysis of cooperative communication in wireless ad hoc networks with frequency reuse, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 205-218, Jan. 2015.
10. Weihua Zhuang and Yong Zhou, A survey of cooperative MAC protocols for mobile communication networks, Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 541-559, Jul. 2013. (Invited paper)
11. Yong Zhou, Ju Liu, Lina Zheng, Chao Zhai, and He Chen, Link-utility-based cooperative MAC protocol for wireless multi-hop networks, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 995-1005, Mar. 2011.
12. Yong Zhou, Ju Liu, Chao Zhai, and Lina Zheng, Two-transmitter two-receiver cooperative MAC protocol: Cross-layer design and performance analysis, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 4116-4127, Oct. 2010.