|Xinbo Zou, Assistant Professor|
Tel: (021) 20685373
GaN Power Devices and Power Systems;
III-N Solid State Optical Sources;
GaN Nanowire Devices and Arrays.
Dr Xinbo Zou received his B.Eng degree in Electronic Science and Technology from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) in 2007. He received his Ph.D from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2013 for developing high-performance green and yellow LEDs on Si substrates with nanotechnology. From 2014 to 2017, he was a Research Assistant Professor with the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering and a Junior Fellow in the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) of HKUST. His main research interests include characterization of III-N materials and devices, from thin-film to nano-scale devices. Dr. Zou was also the Principal Investigator (PI) of one research project funded by General Research Fund (GRF), HK. In September, 2017, He joined the School of Information Science and Technology (SIST) in ShanghaiTech University as a tenure-track assistant professor.
1. Xu Zhang, Xinbo Zou#, Xing Lu, Chak Wah Tang, and Kei May Lau#, “Fully- and Quasi-Vertical GaN-on-Si p-i-n Diodes: High Performance and Comprehensive Comparison”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 64, No. 3, pp.809-815, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/TED.2017.2647990. #corresponding author
2. Pak San Yip, Xinbo Zou#, Wai Ching Cho, Kam Lam Wu
and Kei May Lau# “Transistors and Tunnel Diodes Enabled by Large-Scale MoS2 Nanosheets Grown on GaN”, Semiconductor Science and Technology Vol.32, No. 7, 2017, DOI: 10.1088/1361-6641/aa7247 #corresponding author
3. Xinbo Zou, Xu Zhang, Xing Lu, Chak Wah Tang, and Kei May Lau, “Breakdown Ruggedness of Quasi-vertical GaN-based p-i-n Diodes on Si substrates”, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 1158-1161, Sept. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/LED.2016.2594821.
4. Xinbo Zou, Xu Zhang, W. C. Chong, Chak Wah Tang, and Kei May Lau, “Vertical LEDs on Rigid and Flexible Substrates using GaN-on-Si Epilayers and Au-free Bonding”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 63, No. 4, pp. 1587-1593, April 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TED.2016.2526685.
5. Xinbo Zou, Xu Zhang, Xing Lu, Chak Wah Tang, and Kei May Lau, “Fully-vertical GaN p-i-n Diodes using GaN-on-Si Epilayers”, IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 636-639, May, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/LED.2016.2548488.
6. Xinbo Zou*, Yuefei Cai*, Wing Cheung Chong, and Kei May Lau, “Fabrication and Characterization of High Voltage LEDs using Photoresist-filled-trench Technique”, IEEE/OSA Journal of Display Technology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 397-401, April 2016; DOI: 10.1109/JDT.2015.2493368. *equal contribution
7. Xinbo Zou, Xing Lu, Ryan Lucas, Thomas F. Kuech, Jonathan W. Choi, Padma Gopalan, and Kei May Lau, 'Growth and Characterization of Horizontal GaN Wires on Silicon', Applied Physics Letters, 104 (26), June 2014. DOI:10.1063/1.4886126
8. Xinbo Zou, Ka Ming Wong, Wing Cheung Chong, Jun Ma, and Kei May Lau, 'High-efficiency blue and green LEDs grown on Si with 5 micrometer thick GaN buffer'. physica status solidi (c) 11 (3-4),730, 2014.DOI: 10.1002/pssc.201300506
9. Xinbo Zou, Ka Ming Wong, Xueliang Zhu, Wing Cheung Chong, Jun Ma, and Kei May Lau, 'High-Performance Green and Yellow LEDs Grown on SiO2 Nanorod Patterned GaN/Si Templates', IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol.34, no.7, pp.903, July 2013. DOI: 10.1109/LED.2013.2260126.
10. Xinbo Zou, Ka Ming Wong, Naisen Yu, Peng Chen, Kei May Lau, 'Improved Crystalline Quality and Light Output Power of GaN-based LEDs Grown on Si by Buffer Optimization', Physica Status Solidi (c), Volume 9 Issue 3-4, pp. 572, Mar 2012. DOI: 10.1002/pssc.201100442
11. Xinbo Zou, Hu Liang and Kei May Lau, 'Light extraction enhancement from GaN-based thin-film LEDs grown on silicon after substrate removal using HNA solution', Physica Status Solidi (c), Vol. 7, No.7-8, pp. 2171, 2010. DOI: 10.1002/pssc.200983527
12. Ka Ming Wong, Xinbo Zou, Chen Peng, and Kei May Lau, 'Transfer of GaN- based light-emitting diodes from silicon growth substrate to copper', IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 31, No. 2, 2010. DOI: 10.1109/LED.2009.2037346
13. Kei May Lau, Ka Ming Wong, Xinbo Zou, and Peng Chen, 'Performance improvement of GaN-based light-emitting diodes grown on patterned Si substrate transferred to copper', Optics Express, Vol. 19, Issue S4, pp. A956-A961, 2011. DOI: 10.1364/OE.19.00A956