Fu Song is an Assistant Professor at School of Computer Science and Technology in the ShanghaiTech University.
Fu received his Ph.D. from University Paris Diderot(Paris 7) in 2013. He was an Associate Research Professor and Lecturer at School of Computer Science and Software Engineering in the East China Normal University (2013-2016), and
a visiting researcher at Computer Security Lab of Nanyang Technological University in 2014. Fu's paper (TACAS 2012) on malware detection won the EASST best paper award at ETAPS 2012.
| His research group develops theory and tools to aid the construction of provably dependable and secure systems. His interests are related to Formal Methods (see A Framework for Formal Analysis), Cybersecurity, Programming Languages and Multi-Agent systems. |
| For model checking algorithms and tools, we are developing model checkers support automated reasoning about various systems (e.g., recursive, concurrent and programs, multi-agent systems and so on), and investigating foundation problems of related automata and logics (e.g., FSTTCS 2014, CONCUR 2015, SSCI 2017).
We have developed model checker PuMoC for pushdown systems, Boolean programs, Java/C/C++ programs (e.g., CONCUR 2011&2015, ASE 2012). |
| For cybersecurity, we are working at malware modeling, detection, classification and generation with the focus on desktop and Android malwares.
We have developed a model-checking based malware detector POMMADE (e.g., ESEC/FSE 2013, TACAS 2012&2013, FM 2012).
We are developing tools for vulnerability modeling and detection using (both static and dynamic) program analysis and machine/deep learning on source and binary code (e.g. ICSE 2016).
We are developing tools for phishing website detection using machine/deep learning (c.f. YSECURE), and investigating defense and attack of machine/deep learning.
| For multi-agent systems, we are working on the topics related to formal modeling, specificaiton and verification of various multi-agent systems (e.g., AAAI 2016, IJCAI 2016).
| For programming languages, we are working on formal semantics, type rules and static analysis framework for Rust,
| Current Ph.D Students
- Pengfei Gao(2017.09-)
- Bachelor Thesis: Static Memory Leak Detection of Rust Programs, "Excellent Graduation Thesis" award from CMUT
- Publications: [CAV 2018]
- Awards: FLoC 2018 Travel Grant
- Yueling Zhang(2015.09-), co-advised with Min Zhang@ECNU),
- Xin Ye(2014.09-), co-advised with Tayssir Touili, Sina-French Joint Program
| Current Master Students
- Zhe Zhao(2018.09-)
- Luwei Cai(2018.09-)
- Pu Sun(2018.09-)
- Yedi Zhang(2017.09-)
- Bachelor Thesis: Temporal Epistemic Logic: Semantics and Model-Checking
- Publications: [JoS 2018]
- Yusi Lei(2017.09-), co-advised with Geguang Pu@ECNU
- Bachelor Thesis: Multi-feature Machine Learning Based Phishing Web Site Detection, "Excellent Graduation Thesis" award from ECNU
- Publications: [SCIS 2017]
- Feng Wang(2016.09-)
- Jun Zhang(2016.09-)
| Visiting Researcher and Students
- Yu Tang(MS, 2015.09-2018.06), co-advised with Geguang Pu@ECNU
- Yao Zeng(MS, 2015.09-2018.06), co-advised with Geguang Pu@ECNU